Car Accident Lawyer in Bulloch County, GA
Also Serving Injury Victims in Emanuel County & Surrounding Areas
Car accidents are a leading cause of injury and death in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an average of 3.8 million people were treated in emergency departments for car accident injuries from 2019 through 2020.
If you or someone you love was involved in such an accident, you know how devastating these incidents can be. You may be facing a long road to recovery while unable to work and earn an income. Medical bills can pile up, straining your financial stability and causing further stress.
Fortunately, you do not have to face this difficult time alone or find yourself at the mercy of insurance companies whose need for profitability commonly overrides your claim for fair compensation.
At Josh D. Tucker, we understand how insurance companies operate, how difficult it can be for vulnerable accident victims to secure the full value of their damages, and how to navigate the legal process to fight for a settlement or verdict you need and deserve.
With 20+ years of experience and national legal industry recognition in trial practice, we are here to take every legal measure on your behalf at the settlement table or in civil court.
Call our firm today at (912) 715-8251 or contact us online to request a free, no-obligation consultation with our Bulloch County car accident attorney located in Statesboro.
"You can count on Josh to walk you through every step of your lawsuit with professionalism and care."
Professional and knowledgeable. You can count on Josh to walk you through every step of your lawsuit with professionalism and care. Personal attention and service is what he is all about.- Jen M.
"The best personal injury attorney anywhere"
Josh and his staff set the standard for the practice of law. Their knowledge and professionalism were well demonstrated in assisting me in my lawsuit. If you ever need the best personal injury attorney anywhere, you need to call Josh. He and his staff take your personal injury issues personally.- Jim O.
"Mr. Tucker is professional and at the same time down to earth."
Mr. Tucker is professional and at the same time down to earth.- Denise H.
"Thank you for taking this burden from me and handling everything."
My daughter was in an accident and I felt lost when it came to trying to get the insurance company to pay for her medical care. I called Josh Tucker's office and immediately they told me not to worry and that they would handle everything from there. That’s exactly what they did. I am very thankful for the help I’ve received from this office along this whole journey. Thank you for taking this burden from me and handling everything.- Candice T.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident in Georgia?
Knowing what to do after a car accident can help you protect your right to recover compensation.
If you were involved in a car accident, take the following steps:
- Check for injuries: If you or anyone involved in the accident is injured, call 911 immediately. Do not move anyone who is unconscious or has a neck or back injury.
- Move to safety: If you can, move your vehicle out of traffic and to a safe location. If you cannot move your car, turn on your hazard lights to alert other drivers.
- Call the police: Even if the accident was minor, you should still call the police and report the accident. The police will create an accident report, which can be helpful when filing an insurance claim.
- Exchange information: Get the names, contact information, and insurance information of all drivers involved in the accident. You should also get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Take pictures: Use your phone to take photos of the accident scene, including any damage to your vehicle and any visible injuries.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you do not think you were injured, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and whiplash, may not be immediately apparent.
- Notify your insurance company: You should report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. However, you should not provide a recorded statement or accept a settlement offer without first speaking to an attorney.
- Call a car accident lawyer: An attorney can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the maximum compensation you are owed.
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Georgia?
After a car accident, you have limited time to take legal action. In Georgia, the statute of limitations for car accident lawsuits is two years from the accident date. If you do not file a lawsuit within this timeframe, you will likely lose your right to recover compensation.
The statute of limitations is different if the car accident resulted in a fatality. If your loved one was killed in a car accident, you have two years from the date of their death to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
What Is the Average Settlement for a Car Accident?
One of the most common questions is, “How much is my car accident claim worth?” Unfortunately, there is no easy answer to this question. The value of a car accident claim will depend on various factors, including the severity of your injuries, the cost of your medical treatment, and the amount of time you missed from work.
That being said, you may be entitled to recover compensation for both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages such as medical expenses and lost wages can be easily quantified. Non-economic damages, on the other hand, are those that are more difficult to quantify, such as pain and suffering and emotional distress.
Our car accident lawyer can review the details of your case to help you understand what types of damages you may be entitled to recover, as well as what your claim may ultimately be worth.
Attorney Tucker and his team are here to handle all of the details of your case, and they are backed by proven negotiation and litigation skills to handle any contingency. You can have peace of mind knowing that we put proven professionalism and unwavering tenacity on your side in seeking optimum results.
Reach us via our contact form or call (912) 715-8251 to discuss your claim with our car accident lawyer today.